staedler automation AG was charged with equipping a second aluminum furnace with its control and putting it into operation. Planning of a third one has already commenced.
The furnace is supplied with aluminum fully automatically via a lift. After the material is melted at about 700 °C, a holding and pre bath burner keep it liquid to permit extraction by the downstream machine.
A Siemens PLC, in communication with the automatic stokers that control the burners, is used for control and power settings.
The temperatures, bath fill level, and burners are continually monitored. The customer is informed about any interferences by email immediately. The furnace weight is continually measured for calculation of the aluminum throughput.
- Control: Siemens S7 1510
- Operation: Siemens Comfort Panel TP900
- Frequency inverter: Siemens Sinamics G120
- IO modules: Siemens ET200sp
Work performed by staedler automation AG
- Design of the control and drives
- Creation of the circuit diagram and bill of materials
- Electrical installation
- Software engineering PLC and HMI